Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Inevitable Holiday Post!

It was bound to happen - the holiday post. Where I am supposed to remind you of the reason for the season.
I am not planning to do that. Everyone is stressed about the perfect gift, tree, meal... Apparantly, it is a season that is supposed to be full of peace and joy, however during my holiday errands, I am noticing that there is a shortage on peace and joy!
I just want to send a short message to remind everyone that regardless of how beautiful your tree is, how clean your house is, how many fancy cookies you have baked or painstakingly arranged the perfect evening, none of this is vitally important.
During the holiday entertaining season, there's one thing you must never forget...the reason why people are coming to see you is to do just that! TO SEE YOU! (and if they are concerned about petty, perfect things, then, really, what does it matter?) As in my previous friends post - you have guests who will want to pitch in to wash your dishes and bake your h'or d'oeuvres because you are running late! Let them!
My wish for you is that you entertain with a cheerful abandon. Put the timer on the stove when warming stuff up - then relax until called by the bell. Eat, drink (responsibly!) and be merry! Look around - the best holiday decorations are the ones hanging with you - not on the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment